On Sunday 20th May the Masters Women’s squad went up to a rather cool and windy Nottingham to compete in the British Rowing Masters Championships, and returned with a veritable haul of medals!
- Kat Rolfsman, Anna Ramsden, Gabriella Tose and Laura Campbell won silver in WMasC IM3 4x, in a straight final against Falcon (gold), Marlow (bronze) and Stourport (4th), missing out on the gold medal by just 2 seconds.
- The same crew then also won bronze in WMasB IM3 4x, beating Ross RC and Star Club, after finishing 1st in their heat.
- Christina Greenhalgh won silver in WMasBNov 1x in a straight final against Kingston (gold), X-Press BC (bronze), Upton RC (4th). Christina came back from 3/4 of a length behind, ending in such a close finish that there was a delay waiting for confirmation of the results before handing out the medals!
- Kat Rolfsman and Anna Ramsden finished third in WMasB 2x, narrowly missing out on second place in another close and tightly fought race.
- Gabriella Tose and Laura Campbell finished third in WMasC 2x in a straight final against 4 other crews (3 of which had a 10 second handicap).
- Joy Skipper won gold in a composite quad WMas E/F 4x with Thames RC.
Congratulations to all of you!
Well done also to the other members of the Masters Women’s squad who raced in their singles: Holly Kirby and Jo Gapper (both racing their first regatta in singles), Lynda Elms and Joy Skipper.
Thanks also to Ben Papworth, who has recently started coaching the Masters Women’s squad and is clearly having a very positive impact already!