Safety & Navigation
Safety is a prime consideration for the club. This section of our website is designed to help all club members to be aware of the risks presented by rowing in general and in particular rowing on the tidal stretch of the river Thames.
Being aware of the navigation rules which apply on this stretch of the river is an important part of rowing safely. Please ensure that you understand the rules before going out – if in doubt, please ask for guidance.
For further information and guidance please click on the links below:
- Introduction to safe rowing
- General health matters
- Additional guidance for coxes, bowsteers, and single scullers
- Special rules applicable to new single scullers (less than 20 outings)
- Risk assessment
- Rowing in the hours of darkness
- What to do in the event of capsize, swamping or other incident
- Incident reporting
- Reporting damage to club equipment
- Guidance for launch drivers
Latest News & Events
Weather & Tides